For NGOs, activists, health care workers, educational institutions and volunteer organisations, this 10-hour training teaches how to listen for and recognise stories for advocacy and how to treat stories with respect and care.
Session Lengths: 5 x 2-hour sessions (can be made into one day plus one follow-up session)
Suitable for: NGOs, activists, health care workers, volunteer organisations
Max participants: 8
Session One: The Power of Stories
- How stories are used for advocacy
- Possible uses for stories
- Activity: Sharing powerful stories
Session Two: Listening Skills
- Challenges of being a story gatherer
- How to protect oneself from too many stories
- Activity: Sharing own stories / Openings
Session Three: Ethics
- Anonymity versus confidentiality
- Exploitation versus sharing
- Safety contracts / codes of conduct
- Activity: Discussion: what is appropriate usage of stories?
Session Four: Identify stories with potential for Advocacy/PR purposes
- How to capture a succinct story
- Pulling the essence from a story
- Activity: From video interviews, pull growth points
Session Five: Follow-up/debrief/review session (to be held one month later).
Price: On application
For more information, please contact us on email@example.com